1. All residents are expected to maintain their sobriety after the initial referral to the program. Use of alcohol or illicit drugs voids acceptance to the program. If in the course of treatment it is determined that a resident relapsed while on the waiting list, they will be discharged immediately.
2. The recommended length of stay for the rehabilitation program is between 4 – 6 months depending on treatment plan.
3. A resident may not apply for driving permission while they are in the Intensive Treatment Phase of the rehabilitation program. Halfway House residents must have at least sixty (60) days of verified sobriety before they may apply for personal driving permission. A resident may not bring or have their automobile on the property without having personal driving permission.
4. The main focus of the North Cottage Program is rehabilitation, not employment. Residents are not permitted to work in the first phase of the program. A resident must have their counselor’s permission to gain employment.
5. $179.04 per day is the current rate established for the stay at this program by the Rate Setting Commission of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Based on a sliding fee scale, if the resident is unable to pay the full cost of their treatment, all treatment fees will be billed to Mass Health, BSAS/DPH, or another applicable payor. The resident must understand that if they leave North Cottage Program owing a balance, they will pay that money in a timely fashion.
6. The resident must understand that it is their responsibility to notify the North Cottage Program if any information given during the screening interview changes while awaiting admission, including medication changes.
7. North Cottage Program provides a smoke-free environment. Smoking and vaping is not allowed inside the buildings. Residents with life-threatening conditions normally thought of as smoking related, will be required to quit.